Mark Cuban won't rule out 2020 White House bid: 'So much can change'

Mark CubanMark CubanThe Hill’s Campaign Report: Republicans go on the hunt for new convention site Mark Cuban says he’s decided not to run for president Mark Cuban: Trump ‘always plays the victim card’ MORE, owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks, on Sunday said he’s not ruling out a potential 2020 White House bid as the deadline to run as an independent candidate draws closer. 

“I never would have never considered it prior to a month ago, now things are changing rapidly and dramatically,” he said on “Fox News Sunday” when asked if he was serious that he may consider running in November. 

“I’m not saying no, but it’s not something I’m actively pursuing,” Cuban added. “I’m just keeping the door open.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Cuban told Axios earlier this month he will “keep an open mind” but doubted that he would run for the White House this year. 

On Sunday, Cuban said he still does not anticipate running in the fall but noted that things could change in the next few months. 

ADVERTISEMENT

“You just never know. This is not something we’ve seen ever, this is obviously a unique set of circumstances, you just don’t know what could happen between now and November,” Cuban said. 

The November race is setting up to be a challenge between President TrumpDonald John TrumpSenate advances public lands bill in late-night vote Warren, Democrats urge Trump to back down from veto threat over changing Confederate-named bases Esper orders ‘After Action Review’ of National Guard’s role in protests MORE and former Vice President Joe BidenJoe BidenHillicon Valley: Biden calls on Facebook to change political speech rules | Dems demand hearings after Georgia election chaos | Microsoft stops selling facial recognition tech to police Trump finalizing executive order calling on police to use ‘force with compassion’ The Hill’s Campaign Report: Biden campaign goes on offensive against Facebook MORE, the presumptive Democratic nominee after Sen. Bernie SandersBernie SandersThe Hill’s 12:30 Report: Milley apologizes for church photo-op Harris grapples with defund the police movement amid veep talk Biden courts younger voters — who have been a weakness MORE (I-Vt.) suspended his campaign last week. 

Much of the election has been clouded by the coronavirus pandemic, with candidates having to cancel traditional in-person events and opt for digital alternatives to reach voters.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *